|Size||please choose below|
|Material||Talavera, hand painted|
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
Price From: $1.99
Price From: $1.99
Price From: $1.99
Price From: $1.99
Please remember that handmade crafts are not consistent in their dimensions due to the nature of being crafted by hand and a half inch variance should be allowed for in all planning and designing. Also, due to variations in products and monitor settings, images may differ from the actual product.
factory located in Dolores Hidalgo. While many manufacturers today rely on
machinery to produce carbon copies of each piece, Roberto choses to
stick to the tradition of producing and painting by hand, infusing them with
uniqueness and originality.
Roberto Vazquez says: "My family has been in this guild for 95 years.
The workshop was founded 4 generations ago by Felipe Vazquez, who passed
the knowledge and skills to his descendants and ultimately to me".
"We create these beautiful pieces of art by the combination of three types
of clay, which in turn provides three different shades of color. We knead the
clay by hand or foot, and then we shape and dry it. The pieces are then fired
at an extreme heat (850 degrees Celcius). Once they cool, they are submerged in
glaze, which brings their color to life. Patterns are then drawn and painted on
the pieces. That’s why he designs are slightly raised off of the surface of the pottery. With
an additional firing (this time at 1000 degrees), the Talavera work of art is
complete and ready to be used or admired. Whenever is viable, we use recycled materials in our
facilities, including recycled paper".
Caring for your Talavera Tiles
Thankfully for all of us, talavera tiles are a low-maintenance material. They are hard, strong, hygienic, easy-to-clean, fire resistant and are resistant to odors, stains and dirt.
- Use a sponge or damp mop with an ordinary non-abrasive household cleaner. Rinse and dry with cloth.
- If white grout is used, you can occasionally whiten the grout with liquid bleach. Be careful to rinse afterwards.
- Ceramic tile doesn't burn nor emit toxic fumes. Hot kitchen pans will not scorch or melt the surface of glazed ceramic tile.
- Ceramic tile doesn't retain any allergens, bacteria, or odors.
Decorate your life
We believe that there's nothing more important than making life, our surroundings and our interactions with each other as beautiful, colorful and caring as possible. Design. Decorate. Live. Laugh. Make every corner of life full of vivacious color and humor. Blues, reds, yellows, greens, terracottas...
Decorate your home
Talavera tiles are ideal in just about any ambiance whether Spanish, Italian, Moorish, Mexican, or Mediterranean style architecture. You may decide to use only solid colors with trims and moldings to create dimension, or along with decorated tiles.Splash color everywhere! Entryway tiled floors, kitchen back splashes, bathroom tiled floors, fire place mantles, counter tops and walls of your kitchen, beautiful accents and other tile covered surfaces are being beautified by homeowners with Talavera tile.
Color alters the mood and atmosphere of every environment, bringing happiness, enhancing your mood and boosting the positive energy in your life. For centuries, home décor has enjoyed playing with different shades and hues. Each color is imbued with certain qualities that can be used creatively to stimulate certain feelings and impressions, such as:
Blue and green colors, particularly in lighter shades can induce calmness and relaxation.
Yellow is a revitalizing color and promotes positive, vibrant energy.
Some orange shades are known to make people cheerful and full of life.
Purple is considered as the wonderful color for providing comfort to your eyes and mind.
Neutral colors are considered as colors of nature and hence, are preferred by homeowners to induce peace and the sense of well being.
While choosing any of these colors, make sure it goes well with the furniture and other decors installed in the room by using color charts and complementing textures.
- For the counter top consider mixing the hand-painted decorative tiles with another plain color tile.
- For small bathrooms, you could use lighter-colored tiles if you want to give the impression of having more space in a cramped setting.
- If you want a mosaic design, you can use some white tiles to add to your patterns. This can also brighten your room. However, be extra careful with using mosaic designs since it can become confusing as opposed to the simple one you want. There are plenty of book and web resources you can tap into for further ideas or even hire a professional.
- On planning your bathroom shower tiles, you can follow the arrangement or pattern from your walls. Ceramic tiles are best for shower tiling. Nevertheless, you can make it more interesting if you choose some accented tiles and other colors.
How long will it take to have my order delivered?
Most orders are usually delivered within 7 to 20 business days. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have special requirements.
Why can it take up to 20 business days to deliver my handicraft?
The vast majority of our handicrafts are custom made. Our skilled artisans begin to work on each unique handicraft once you have placed your order, bringing you a unique piece of craftsmanship, made only days before you receive it. The artisans are relatively fast in crafting your item and your order is usually ready to ship in 3 to 10 business days.
As soon as your unique handicraft is ready we ship it to you. If you live in the USA (48 lower states), shipping is free and it usually takes 4 to 10 business days. Express shipping and international shipping are available; in this case and / or if you have specific requirements we advise you contact us prior to placing an order so that we can serve you in the best and most efficient way.
Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. We will be happy to answer them. That will help us as well to keep this section updated and customize it according to your interests and needs.